Warning:

WARNING: This Blog contains facts, pictures, food and kitchen experiences that might make you very hungry.
Snacking while reading is encouraged.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Food and I


I love food. What I love most about food is eating it. If I had to blame this on anyone other than myself I would blame it on my family. My dad is known as “the guy with the hollow leg” because  he eats an absolutely ridiculous amount of food but remains in shape. My moms side is more responsible for bringing on the love and passion for food that has grown over years and years of eating and drinking and loving it.

 Not only is eating fantastic but it’s what food brings to the table that counts.

Food is universal, it’s everywhere, if we like it or not. From the weeds that grow in the forest to crustaceans that swim in the sea to GMO raised supermarket meat, it’s all around us. Food could be the single thing that everyone around the world has in common. The only differences are the available ingredients, cooking methods and most of all- tradition. From tradition comes culture and there is no better way to learn about a culture then by eating its food. Behind each dish is a story, if that dish was first made a thousand years ago or this morning with the day’s freshest ingredients available. There is a story, a technique, respect, passion. 

Food is what I love most about this world.. there is just so much to know I cant help but be intrigued, and I also cant help but be hungry all the time.

I am headed to Italy to work in a 1 star Michelin rated restaurant, I will work my ass off to gain respect and refine my technique. But first and foremost, I will eat and drink the shit out of everything in my path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment